מילת חיפוש מיקום
***Ask Dr. Z - Candida-Yeast Infection - Antibiotics, Chronic Fatigue, Ear Infections - Many Chronic Health Problems That Do Not
Ask Dr. Z - Candida-Yeast Infection - Antibiotics, Chronic Fatigue, Ear Infections - many chronic health problems that do not resolve
* Quotes for Your Life
* I get letters
* Candida/Yeast - What is it?
* Normal Intestinal Flora
* Candida Yeast and Antibiotics
* Ear Infections in Children - the Candida Yeast Connection
* Candida Yeast Supplements of the MonthQuotes for Your Life
"Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations."
George Bernard Shaw
"Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained."
I get letters (bolds and links added by Dr. Z)
Dear Dr. Z
When I brought my eight year old daughter, Rachel, to you three weeks ago she was suffering from acute sinus troubles, had been prescribed 5 different antibiotics, 4 sets of prednisone. With all that medication her sinus infection was not healing.
Rachel was tired, suffering from sinus pain, head ache, muscle weakness, swollen eyes and difficulties in school. These are only some of her complaints!
After a neurological and kinesiological examination, Dr. Z recommended supplements for hypoglycemia, digestive support and candida yeast , a low carb diet without any sugar and exercises to stimulate brain function.
I am happy to tell you that after just 3 weeks she has healed the sinus infection and all other symptoms have greatly diminished or have stopped. The diet she is on has been tough! But the results are worth it. She glows with good health.
Thanks you, Dr. Z
Cindy D, Mother- Nevada City , California
I am 41 years old. On December 20, my regular menstrual cycle started, but the bleeding would not let up, week after week. I went to see my OBGYN who put me on birth control pills, four a day. There was no change. She suggested that maybe my thyroid was responsible. So I took raw thyroid supplements. There was no change in my bleeding. It was getting scary.
I also suffered from difficulty swallowing - it felt like having a lump in the throat. For years I had to do water enemas in order to have bowel movements - this started after colon cancer surgery in my twenties.
A friend of mine recommended that I see Dr. Z. Well, on February 18, I did that. After a thorough examination, Dr. Z recommended some very drastic changes: no coffee, no sugar, no sugar substitutes (NO Splenda!!), no carbs. I started realizing that I had been pretty much a carbohydrate addict for years. Dr. Z also put me on a regimen of supplements to support my digestive system and reduce Candida Yeast overgrowth. He also recommended spinning exercises to improve my brain's function.
After two days I started having normal bowel movements. Within four days my bleeding had totally stopped. I can now swallow without any problems. Amazing.
Tracy H, Penn Valley, Ca
I came to Dr. Z after nine months of living with extreme fatigue, dizziness, stuffy ears, rashes, hair loss and food intolerances. I was absolutely miserable, but no doctor or acupuncturist could help me. I had food tests, stool tests, and experimented with numerous herbs and supplements, but to no avail.
Dr. Z immediately put me on a protocol of Thorne supplements for candida yeast, hypoglycemia/blood sugar and digestive problems, and a high protein, low carbohydrate diet. I began seeing results almost immediately. It took a little while (about six weeks) to really begin feeling like a normal person again, but the time it took my body to heal is sound investment in the future of my health. Because of this program I am much happier, healthier, and I am a much better mother.
Thanks Dr. Z!
Kathee W. - Alameda, CA
top of page
Candida Yeast- What is it?
There are 81 strains of yeast organisms. Candida Albicans is the most common yeast found in the human intestinal tract. Normal intestinal bacterial flora keeps yeast in check. The overgrowth of Candida in the intestinal tract is affecting at least one third of the people in the United States.
If you're not feeling well or healthy, but not really sick, and standard lab tests don't show anything wrong, then you may be a candidate for systemic yeast overgrowth. Candidiasis is the medical term for the condition that occurs when common yeast in the intestines (Candida Albicans) has taken over.
Yeast does not contribute anything to your well being, but is always part of our the nonpathogenic bowel flora. Candida is harmless when it is in balance with the other organisms that live in the intestinal tract. If an imbalance occurs, Candida organisms can take over. They can also establish colonies on the skin, in the vagina, as well as in the colon.
top of page
Normal Intestinal Flora
The normal bowel flora is essential for human health. The stool for healthy human beings on Western diets consists of 85 percent microorganisms. In the colon the predominant organisms are spirochetes, in the ileum coccobacillus, in the small intestines lactobacillus and yeast. Function of the normal intestinal flora:
* Synthesize vitamins fatty acids
* Degrades toxins and xenobiotics
* Prevents colonization by pathogens
* Stimulates normal immune system response
* Degrades methyl mercury (most toxic form of mercury)HCL and digestive enzymes are essential for maintaining a healthy intestinal flora. HCL and enzyme deficiency leads to incomplete protein and carbohydrate digestion. Instead of digestion there follows fermentation and putrefaction. This in turn leads to the overgrowth of pathological bacteria. The inadequate fiber content of in the Western died leads to constipation, putrefaction and increase of pathological organisms.
top of page
Candida Yeast and Antibiotics
Candida is an opportunistic organism. It can revert to a pathological fungal form. One of the worst offenders affecting gut flora, and the growth of Candida Albicans, is the repeated and prolonged use of broad-spectrum antibiotic drugs.
Children with recurrent ear infections often receive this type of treatment. Many of us "grown ups" have had multiple exposures of antibiotics during our life time.
Of all the antibiotics used in the United States, 55 percent are routinely fed to livestock. Nearly all the animals raised for food in this country receive antibiotics sometime during their lifetimes. This has caused resistant strains of bacteria, and probably yeast as well. There is no legislation that limits the use of antibiotics in animals used for food. This is the result of pressure from the beef and poultry producers. Also, the American meat-packing industry and the pharmaceutical industry work together and give support to each other. The entire European Economic Community has banned the routine feeding of antibiotics to livestock and will not import any meat that has had antibiotics added.
* Look for antibiotic-free meat and eggs now stocked at some health food stores and markets. You will usually pay more for these products, but it's worth it. The most common and persistent problems reoccurring after a course of antibiotics are
* skin problems
* lower bowel grumbling
* poor digestion
* and of course, "yeast infections". Eating in a restaurant once a week can increase your risk of Candida proliferation because of the antibiotics found in animal fat and milk.
top of page
Ear Infections in Children - the Candida Yeast Connection
Evidence now points to allergies and Candida imbalance as a common cause of "ear infections" in infants and young children. Since the usual treatment for this condition is broad-spectrum antibiotics, symptoms may develop of oral thrush, clear nasal discharge, diarrhea, and diaper rash.
As a child grows, many other symptoms may occur and persist into adulthood. Children with recurrent "ear infections" tend to receive repeated and prolonged courses of broad-spectrum antibiotic drugs. These drugs cause alterations in gut flora including the proliferation of Candida, and tend to suppress the immune system. They also promote the absorption of food antigens that can play a major role in causing food allergies, hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Syndrome(ADD), and related behavior and learning problems.
Ample evidence in recent medical literature points to the fact that antibiotics are of little or no use in the treatment of "ear infections" in children.
top of page
Candida Yeast Supplements of the Month
Formula SF722 from Thorne and Pleo-Ex by Sanum/Pleomorphic are two supplements/remedies Dr. Z uses most frequently in his clinical practice to help resolve the many often bizarre symptoms associated with Candida/yeast/fungus overgrowth and sensitivity.
* Formula SF722 :
* A Thorne innovation, SF722 containing undecelenic acid in a base of olive oil, aids in the establishment of a healthy gut flora, and has been one of our best selling products for over a decade. It may be useful for individuals with intestinal overgrowth of Candida. Sensitivity to Candida can cause a myriad of symptoms such as chronic fatigue, allergies, hives, rashes, irritability, brain fog, depression, mood swings, itching.
* Pleo (TM) Ex 3X Suppositories
* German Homeopathic Antifungal Medicine by Sanum -PleoSanum for symptoms associated with Candida Albicans and other fungal/yeast infections. European health practitioners report that this remedy may be useful as supportive therapy to help alleviate the symptomatic effects of intestinal overgrowth of Candida, mycosis, resistant skin infections of mouth, stomatitis, gingivitis, urogenital mycosis, vaginal yeast infections, prostatic hypertophy, gall bladder problems, colitis of fungal origin, allergies.Our on-line Self Evaluation is geared towards giving you a basic starting point in order to make some intelligent changes in diet and improve some basic human functions such as digestion and blood sugar control.
* It is my clinical experience that this approach is always useful.
If you have any inquiries about where and how to use how to get rid of hives, you can make contact with us at our site. * This does not mean that it will or can solve all your problems.
* However, the majority of my local and on-line clients experience dramatic improvements in their health, when they address ODDHC - Oxygen, Diet, Digestion, Hypoglycemia/Blood Sugar, Candida
top of page
What some of Dr. Z's clients say.
Peter Zeischegg, MS, DC, DACNB
Board Certified Chiropractic Neurologist
13288 Banner Lava Cap Road, Suite A
Nevada City, Ca 95959
Visit our website.
ODDHC - Oxygen Enriched Air , Diet, Digestion, Hypoglycemia/Blood Sugar, Candida
Contact Dr. Z by logging into your account.
©Copyright Dr. Peter Zeischegg, MS, DC, 2007. All Rights Reserved. This content may be copied in full, as long as copyright, contact, and creation information is given, only if used only in a not-for-profit format and for personal use. If possible, I would also appreciate an endorsement and encouragement to subscribe to the newsletter. If any other use is desired, written permission is required